Monday, March 1, 2010

I Will Come and Dwell in Your Midst, Says the LORD

This is a simple study— sometimes it is interesting to see a collection of related verses all together.  Apparently God wants to live with us.

Exodus 25:8---- And have them make me a sanctuary, so that I may dwell among them
Exodus 29:45,46---- I will dwell among the Israelites, and I will be their God. And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them; I am the LORD their God.
Numbers 5:3---- you shall put out both male and female, putting them outside the camp; they must not defile their camp, where I dwell among them.
Numbers 35:34---- You shall not defile the land in which you live, in which I also dwell; for I the LORD dwell among the Israelites.
1 Kings 6:13---- I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.
1 Kings 8:13---- I have built you an exalted house, a place for you to dwell in forever.
1 Kings 8:27---- But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Even heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you, much less this house that I have built!
Psalm 85:9---- Surely his salvation is at hand for those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land.
Isaiah 57:15---- For thus says the high and lofty one who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with those who are contrite and humble in spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite.
Jeremiah 7:3---- Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Amend your ways and your doings, and let me dwell with you in this place.
Jeremiah 7:7---- then I will dwell with you in this place, in the land that I gave of old to your ancestors forever and ever.
Ezekiel 34:24---- And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the LORD, have spoken.
Ezekiel 37:26---- I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; and I will bless them and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary among them forevermore.
Ezekiel 37:28---- Then the nations shall know that I the LORD sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary is among them forevermore.
Ezekiel 43:9---- Now let them put away their idolatry and the corpses of their kings far from me, and I will reside among them forever.
Joel 3:17---- So you shall know that I, the LORD your God, dwell in Zion, my holy mountain. And Jerusalem shall be holy, and strangers shall never again pass through it.
Zechariah 2:10---- Sing and rejoice, O daughter Zion! For lo, I will come and dwell in your midst, says the LORD.
Zechariah 2:11---- Many nations shall join themselves to the LORD on that day, and shall be my people; and I will dwell in your midst. And you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.
Zechariah 8:3---- Thus says the LORD: I will return to Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem; Jerusalem shall be called the faithful city, and the mountain of the LORD of hosts shall be called the holy mountain.
Revelation 21:3---- And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "See, the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them;





No comments:

Post a Comment